ALL visitors must sign and return a waiver agreement prior to visiting a reserve.
If your application is approved, the group leader (person who is listed as contact for the requested activity) will be responsible for ensuring that all necessary waivers are submitted to reserve staff prior to the proposed visit. Waiver agreements for minors must be signed by the parent or legal gardian.
Waivers and Releases
Photo Consent Form
- Consent for the University to use all and any images or sounds of you appearing in photographs, videos, or audio tape recordings taken on the reserve
All firearms are prohibited on any University of California property of the Regents of UC at any time, pursuant to the California Penal Code, Sections 629.9 (h) and 629.9 (i). RULES WEB PAGE
SCIR Rates and Fees RATES WEB PAGE
Please check with the reserve director before making any arrangements for transportation. Island Packers Boat Reservations can be made at https://reserve.islandpackers.com/
Reservations for air and/or boat transportation will need to be made well in advance of the trip, so please contact him as early as possible.
* Reserve staff will meet you at the island boat dock (or airstrip) when you arrive. The Reserve Director, Dr. Lyndal Laughrin, has an advanced degree in aspects of insular biology, as well as more than 35 years of experience on the island. You will find reserve staff to be extremely helpful during your island visit.
* When you arrive at the field station, and before conducting any activities on the island, it is necessary that you review the emergency procedures that are posted at the reserve, including the location of fire extinguishers and the evacuation process.
* Please be sure to sign, scan and email your signed waivers before arrival. If you are unable to do send these documents electronically, please be sure to bring the signed hard copies with you to the island upon arrival.
* Since janitorial service is not provided, the group leader will be given a check list to follow for cleaning the facility both during the visit and before departure. A fee will be charged if cleanup by the reserve staff is required following your departure.
* Please complete the Reserve Asset Use Form, located at the field station, during your stay. This document will insure that an accurate invoice is created for your use of the reserve.
* Smoking is prohibited on the reserve. DIRECTIONS WEB PAGE