ALL visitors must sign and return a waiver agreement prior to visiting a reserve.
If your application is approved, the group leader (person who is listed as contact for the requested activity) will be responsible for ensuring that all necessary waivers are submitted to reserve staff prior to the proposed visit. Waiver agreements for minors must be signed by the parent or legal gardian.
Spanish Language Waiver
Renuncia de responsabilidad, asunción de riesgo y acuerdo de indemnización.
Group Signature Form
- If you have a group of adults, you may attach this Group Signature Form to the Reserve Waiver.
- If you plan to visit more than one reserve, you may use this Multi-Reserve waiver form.
Photo Consent Form
- Consent for the University to use all and any images or sounds of you appearing in photographs, videos, or audio tape recordings taken on the reserve
Photo Consent Form - Spanish Language
FORMULARIO DE CONSENTIMIENTO PARA SER FOTOGRAFIADO
YOU AS THE APPLICANT ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR THE FOLLOWING. FAILURE TO COMPLY WILL RESULT IN YOUR PROJECT STOPPING COLD! YOU WILL BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR ALL OF THE BELOW AND EXCEPTIONS WILL NOT BE ALLOWED.
1) No Campfires, No Tobacco products and no smoking.
2) No Pets, no exceptions, don't ask!
3) No guns or firearms.
4) Full compliance with all UC Berkeley, Federal and State regulations re: the care, use, collection and handling of animals required. Permits must be in place and copies of valid permits provided to the Station Manager prior to any trapping or handling of permitted or protected species.
5) All use and visits must be approved prior to arrival each separate visit requires its own online use activity to be submitted and approved.
6) Visitor/Group coordinator is responsible for compliance with Sagehen policies and procedures for their and their group's use.
7) All visitors are responsible for ensuring that their personal guests comply with all station policies and procedures.
8) Sagehen is committed to reducing its dependence on fossil fuels. Your cooperation and active participation will help us work toward reducing CO2 emissions and our impact on the planet.
9) Projects involving soil disturbance need plenty of lead-time as NEPA and CEQA compliance is required.
10) Once a reservation has been approved fees will be charged for THE ENTIRE GROUP for no shows. FINAL INVOICE NUMBERS TO BE PROVIDED TO STATION MANAGER 2 WEEKS PRIOR TO ARRIVAL. Groups cancelling less than 2 weeks out will be assessed the full amount. It is up to the group coordinator to provide updated group numbers to the station manager 2 weeks prior to arrival for space allocation. The station manager will assign space as available. Groups not contacting the station Manager 2 weeks out will result in cancelled reservations.
11) Flagging/monumenting scheme must be submitted and map showing locations, monumenting/flagging colors and lat/long locations for each location are required once flagging/monumenting occurs.
12) FULLY COMPLETED WAIVERS FOR NON-UC VISITORS REQUIRED PRIOR TO ANYTHING BEGINNING AS WELL AS COPIES OF ALL PERMITS AND APPROVED ACUC PROTOCOLS.
13) Prior to departure contact with the station manager is required to ensure that proper cleaning, removal of equipment, food, personal belongings, etc. Departing without this contact and sign-off will invoke a $300 cleaning fee.
14) Tobacco products of any type are no longer permitted on UC property or property managed by UC. Sagehen is such a place.
*************** User fees will increase to these effective 7/1/2008*****************
Unit UC Students UC Faculty/ Non-UC Faculty/ Others
CA Affiliated Research
Camping $20person $22.50/person $24.00 /person $29.00 /person
Cabins $20 /person $22.50/person $24.00 /person $29.00 /person
Apartment $29 /person $29.00/person $34.00 /person $39.00 /person
Johnson $29 /person $29.00/person $39.00 /person $44.00 /person
Day use only - $200 per day for groups.
Fees are per person per night.
The Managers Residence is not available for visitor use.
Day Use Fees are determined on a case by case basis.
1) Local phone calls are covered with the night use fee.
In order to make long distance phone calls,
users will need to charge the calls to a credit card or phone card.
Cell phones do not work around the station Proper.
2) Use of the station Local Area Network (LAN)and internet access is available to visitors as well as use of the station computers located in the Library as part of the nightly use fee. Satellite internet service is accessed through the LAN or wireless network-(802.11(b) protocol).
3) Photo copies and use of station printers are charged at $.10 per page for black/white and $.25 for color.
Limited office space is available.
4) facility assignments are determined by station manager at time of arrival. Preferences can be indicated on reservation form. The station manager will take these into account; however, no guarantee!
5) Group size reductions must be sent via email to the station manager no later that 2 weeks prior to arrival. smaller groups that arrive without this notice will be assessed original application group size for billing purposes.
Getting to the Station
The Field Station is located 8 miles due North of Truckee, California at 6,400'.
* From I-80 take the Hwy #89 North exit towards Sierraville. (East of Truckee)
* Travel about 8.4 miles. Turn left onto Forest Service Dirt Road (unmarked, there is a brown, two-car garage on the West side of 89 just North of the dirt road)
* The dirt road splits after about 150 yards. Go straight ahead (you will see a yellow sign that says "Road Closed 500 feet" this is the correct road!)
* Travel approximately 500' to locked access gate. Contact Station Manager for current combination prior to arrival. (The last place your cell phone will work is at the gate!)
* Open and travel through the gate (close and lock after passing through)
* Travel about 1.8 miles down the road to the Station Proper and park in the lot on the left. DIRECTIONS WEB PAGE